top of page

we explore

The Plum Foundation supports Explore as an incubator of a new kind, supporting project leaders by giving them the means to carry out their expeditions and realize their ideas for the future in order to understand and preserve our planet.



Since its creation in 2013, Explore is supporting the explorers of the XXIst century who are looking for practical and durable solutions for environmental concerns.

Today Explore is recognized for the potential of its explorers to heighten awareness, create and execute innovational ’consuming better with less’ solutions for tomorrow’s world.  Animated by the desire to act for the general interest, all the structures supported by Explore share a strong sense of collaboration, a will to reach everyone and we have no fear to stray from the beaten tracks. Our mission comes together more than ever today. Please support our explorers to carry out their projects in spite of the difficulties they are facing.
Promote widely to citizens and companies these new ways of imagining and developing solutions gather and account for the changes we are building in a global approach.



Under the Pole makes an oceanographic sailboat and the expertise of its divers and videographers available to scientists. The team also develops diving devices for scientific observation of the underwater environment.

Better understanding the oceans is one of the major challenges of the 21st century, because only better knowledge of their balance will make it possible to face modern ecological and societal challenges.

The twilight zone, the “medium light” layer of the ocean located between 30 and 150 meters below the surface, has recently become accessible thanks to technological advances and diving techniques. Very little explored until now, it has unparalleled potential for discoveries.

From 2017 to 2021, Under The Pole is going on an extraordinary expedition dedicated to the exploration of the oceans. For 4 years, the team of divers and scientists traveled the world aboard the polar schooner WHY, from the Arctic to the Antarctic, via the Pacific and the Atlantic.


Several tons of plastic are dumped into the oceans every minute. However, only 1% of plastic floats on the surface. The remaining 99% sinks or breaks down into microparticles. However, invisible to the naked eye, they unfortunately become impossible to collect and end up entering the food chain. However, this waste represents a resource with high added value.

Plastic Odyssey brings together and develops recycling technologies to distribute them as open source to as many people as possible. They are embarked on a laboratory ship, that left in 2021 for a world tour along the most polluted coasts on the planet.

During stopovers, the ship serves as a workshop to build and test numerous open-source machines. On the one hand, this trip is an opportunity to confront realities on the ground and adapt solutions to local needs. On the other hand, these technologies will be disseminated throughout the world, to create jobs locally while cleaning our environment.



Charles Darwin’s 1839 publication, The Voyage of the Beagle, serves as a reference point for understanding nature at the onset of the Industrial Revolution. Today, we examine how two centuries of human activity have impacted ecosystems and what measures can be taken to prevent further biodiversity loss.

This mission efforts revolve around documenting biodiversity changes, exploring evolving landscapes through art, showcasing citizen conservation actions, and supporting researchers using our ship as a base. Through these initiatives, we aim to raise awareness and drive action to protect and restore biodiversity for future generations.

bottom of page